We have just released DataCleaner 4.5.2 and are excited to tell you about all that we did to improve the premier open source data quality solution!
- There’s a new component: Grouper. The Grouper component provides a simple way to do a group-by and aggregation like transformation. The user can pick any group key and select between a number of aggregation types for each column to be included in the output.
- We added the ability to preview transformations that are in the scope of an Output Data Stream. For instance you can now do a preview of Merge duplicates when it is following a Duplicate detection. Or another example: You can use the new Grouper component and preview a transformation that consumes it’s grouped data stream.
- We’ve improved the Regex parser component by adding a "match mode" property to allow also regex "find" semantics in addition to the "matches" semantics that was already there.
- The “Cancel job" button/function can now more effectively interrupt and stop jobs from running even though some task is performing a long-running operation.
- We've added keyboard shortcuts for interacting with the job editing canvas. Here’s a quick overview of the shortcuts we’ve added: F2 for rename, Enter for "open", ESC for "close", F5 for refresh, DEL/Backspace for "remove".
- And a lot more minor bugfixes and improvements.
You can check out the GitHub milestone
for a complete overview of the changes made.
We hope to see this release picked up by the community and customers - thank you for using our favourite Data Quality toolkit :-)