Topic Valid Values and NULLS ok

Beverly started the topic:
2017-05-02 15:00

Valid Values and NULLS ok

So I type in FILTER certain values are GOOD. Nulls are ok also...how to indicate? I can't type NULL as one of the values can I? Didn't seem to work. So then I tried to check for NULL and then the Filter for the certain values. Didn't work. This isn't like Informatica.
Dennis replied:
2017-05-03 12:57
Hi Berverly,

We have the specific "Null check" filter for that. If you want two different filters to both be valid for a record to be valid, you need to chain them. You can read a bit more about how it works here.
Beverly replied:
2017-05-03 13:18
Not working. And you need an UNDO. I selected NULL and links were everywhere. A real mess. So fixed that. Then tried to just remove component and it deleted all the output files I already had working for the other filters.
Beverly replied:
2017-05-03 15:22
I had a working model to test but didn't know how to do the nulls...so now I know how to do the NULLS CHECK but how do you ADD it to each edit I already had done. You can't delete the LINK and I have 30 of them. I just want to point the source to the NULLS CHECK and then to the Transform/edit which has the output file. I don't want to have to create the output file AGAIN. Is there a shortcut?
Dennis replied:
2017-05-04 08:35
Hmm, if it's a filter, it should never delete anything else. I agree very much with the undo functionality, though.

I'm not sure what you mean with "ADD it". You can link a filter to any component simply by right clicking it and choose "Link to...".
You are not signed in.
You need to be signed in to participate in the discussion.