Topic java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:

YKARTAL started the topic:
2017-05-17 20:56

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:

Hi,

I have just downloaded trial version and got below error. My data is 497156 lines. Would anybody help me out with this?

Thanks,

Yildiz

Unexpected error!

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Level:
SEVERE
Stack Trace:
Java heap space
java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Unknown Source)
java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Unknown Source)
java.util.ArrayList.grow(Unknown Source)
java.util.ArrayList.ensureExplicitCapacity(Unknown Source)
java.util.ArrayList.ensureCapacityInternal(Unknown Source)
java.util.ArrayList.add(Unknown Source)
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Xobj.find_all_element_users(Xobj.java:2098)
org.openxmlformats.schemas.spreadsheetml.x2006.main.impl.CTSstImpl.getSiArray(Unknown Source)
org.apache.poi.xssf.model.SharedStringsTable.readFrom(SharedStringsTable.java:123)
org.apache.poi.xssf.model.SharedStringsTable.<init>(SharedStringsTable.java:106)
org.apache.poi.xssf.eventusermodel.XSSFReader.getSharedStringsTable(XSSFReader.java:82)
org.apache.metamodel.excel.XlsxSheetToRowsHandler.<init>(XlsxSheetToRowsHandler.java:87)
org.apache.metamodel.excel.XlsxSpreadsheetReaderDelegate.buildColumns(XlsxSpreadsheetReaderDelegate.java:193)
org.apache.metamodel.excel.XlsxSpreadsheetReaderDelegate.createSchema(XlsxSpreadsheetReaderDelegate.java:114)
org.apache.metamodel.excel.ExcelDataContext.getMainSchema(ExcelDataContext.java:169)
org.apache.metamodel.QueryPostprocessDataContext.getSchemaByNameInternal(QueryPostprocessDataContext.java:480)
org.apache.metamodel.AbstractDataContext.getSchemaByName(AbstractDataContext.java:206)
org.apache.metamodel.AbstractDataContext.getSchemas(AbstractDataContext.java:80)
org.datacleaner.connection.SchemaNavigator.getSchemas(SchemaNavigator.java:52)
org.datacleaner.widgets.properties.SchemaNamePropertyWidget.setDatastore(SchemaNamePropertyWidget.java:76)
com.hi.datacleaner.desktop.welcome.ColumnMeaningMappingPanel.<init>(ColumnMeaningMappingPanel.java:105)
com.hi.datacleaner.desktop.welcome.ColumnMeaningMappingPanel.<init>(ColumnMeaningMappingPanel.java:47)
com.hi.datacleaner.desktop.welcome.AbstractColumnMeaningBasedJobWizard$1.<init>(AbstractColumnMeaningBasedJobWizard.java:34)
com.hi.datacleaner.desktop.welcome.AbstractColumnMeaningBasedJobWizard.startWizard(AbstractColumnMeaningBasedJobWizard.java:34)
com.hi.datacleaner.desktop.welcome.WizardListPanel$2.datastoreSelected(WizardListPanel.java:109)
org.datacleaner.widgets.Dropzone.showFileChooser(Dropzone.java:202)
org.datacleaner.widgets.Dropzone$1.actionPerformed(Dropzone.java:109)
javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
Dennis replied:
2017-05-18 06:18
H Yildiz,

Please look here for instructions on increasing the assigned memory to DataCleaner.

However, for performance I'd look into converting the file to CSV. Our Excel reader/writer is honestly not great with large files (I'm not sure if anything is with large Excel files, though).

Best regards,
Dennis
You are not signed in.
You need to be signed in to participate in the discussion.