Topic Can't query postgresql 10 db

David started the topic:
2018-10-04 13:34

Can't query postgresql 10 db

Hi,

I've just downloaded DataCleaner community edition to try it out.

I could create a new connection / datastore to my postgres db and the Test connections is successful.

I then create a new job and this is where the issues start.

I can see all my db tables fine. when adding one of these and try to preview data, I get an error:
An unexpected error occurred while building data set: Could not execute query: ERROR: zero-length delimited identifier at or near """"

Looking at the postgres log it seems the schema qualifier is missing from the query:
SELECT "somestuff"
FROM ""."at_applicants"

The same issue occurs when I try and link to any analyses components or create an ad hoc query on any of the DB tables.
The ad-hoc query that gets generated looks as follows:
SELECT *
FROM .at_applicants a

Once again the schema qualifier is missing, and gives the same error. Adding it manually also doesn't work and gives a new error: Not capable of parsing FROM token: dc.at_applicants a

Any ideas what the issue here is?

p.s. just tested connecting to an older postgres 9 server, and the connetion and preview of data worked fine.

Is postgres 10 unsupported at this moment or is there some other other incompatibility to be aware of?

Thanks and regards!
David

Arjan replied:
2018-10-05 06:08
Hi David,

Postgres 10 isn't supported yet, Postgres 9.6 should work fine though.

Kind regards,
Arjan Seijkens
David replied:
2018-10-08 13:31
Thanks Arjan,

Any idea when support for postgres v10 will be rolled out?
Arjan replied:
2018-10-09 05:54
Hi David,

We as Quadient no longer officially work on the open source version of DataCleaner, so if you want to address this for the open source version it is best to post a message on https://datacleaner.github.io/discuss, or create an issue for it on https://github.com/datacleaner/DataCleaner/issues.

For the commercial distribution of DataCleaner, it doesn't have a high priority at the moment.

Kind regards,
Arjan Seijkens
You are not signed in.
You need to be signed in to participate in the discussion.